TOP Administration > wiki > terms of service | Discussion
Terms Of Service
Here is a non-binding summary of the legal text:
- We provide wiki and forum-based project management hosting.
- We respect your privacy.
- Please respect copyright and licenses of materials you are going to use. All content on the TaOPis system must adhere a Creative Commons license as indicated in the footer of every site.
- Do not spam, we fight spam. Do not vandalize.
- Some content is not allowed. See the prohibited usage list below!
- We can terminate any account and block any site if there is any improper activity.
- We do our best to keep TaOPis online and error-free but do not guarantee anything. Use at your own risk.
Welcome to TaOPis - an implementation af an autopoietic information system that allows Users to manage their projects in an dynamic environment, collaboratively edit content and communicate ("Services") under these Terms of Service ("Terms"). TaOPis is an OpenSource project managed by Markus Schatten ("We") and hosted in Croatia on the Faculty of Organization and Informatics in Varaždin.
By using the Services by viewing or displaying or publishing ("posting") any text, files, images, music, photos, video, sounds or any other work ("Content") to any of the projects or organization or using any other feature provided by the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and obey any applicable law.
The terms may be updated from time to time without notice. The most current version can is always accessible at TOP Administration. Any modifications become effective upon posting the new revision on this page. By using the Services after any modifications are posted you agree to be bound by to any new changes. Therefore it is the User’s obligation to review this document regularly
Content and use
By using the TaOPis Services you warrant that all the registration (and profile) information you submit is accurate and you will maintain the accuracy of such information and your use of Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
TaOPis may delete Content that in sole judgment of TaOPis violates these Terms. We however assume no responsibility for monitoring any of the projects/organizations for inappropriate content nor review any Content before it is posted.
You as a TaOPis User are solely responsible for the Content you post through any of the Services and any information or materials you transmit directly to other Users.
By becoming a Member of a project or organization (by creating a new project/organization or joining an existing one) you agree to control the Content posted to the site and assure the site is not being used against these Terms either by monitoring changes for improper use and acting accordingly or by setting strict permissions that allow content editing only to a limited number of users.
TaOPis does not claim any copyrights to the Content you post to the Services. However by posting any content through the Services to a public TaOPis project, you hereby grant to TaOPis a limited non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicensable and worldwide license to use, modify, display and perform, reproduce, analyze and distribute the Content solely on and through the Services. The license will terminate at the time the Content is removed from the Services.
This right is required for proper and legal operation of the Services. The license does not allow us to do anything more that you would expect, e.g. it does not give us the right to distribute your Content outside TaOPis Services or sell your content to anyone. Although we might reuse Content from public wikis in various places such as "featured content" or "top projects".
TaOPis Services contain Content that is protected by various Creative Commons licenses. Wherever required, we grant you a limited, revocable and nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display TaOPis Content solely for your personal use in connection with using the Services.
Prohibited content and usage
The following is a list of prohibited or illegal usage of the Services. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate actions against anyone (in our sole discretion) violates these rules, including removing offending content and terminating the TaOPis Membership.
Prohibited usage includes but is not limited to uploading, posting or otherwise making available or promote:
1. any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, harm minors or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, pornography and "adult content";
2. any Content that contains nudity, violence, pornography, "adult content" or contains links to any other web site with such materials
3. any Information that you know is false or misleading
4. any Content that promotes illegal activities
5. any Content that you do not have a right to make publicly available or promotes the illegal use of any work without rights or license;
6. any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; in particular it is not allowed to upload Content that is not compatible with the particular Creative Comons content license
7. any "junk", "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" etc.;
8. any material that contains software viruses, spyware, malware or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or other electronic equipment, steal or collect private information;
9. any material that collects or contains personal information of other Users for any unlawful purpose or without the User’s permission
Other prohibited usage include:
1. intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local, state, national or international law;
2. collecting, storing or publishing available personal data about others without their acceptance;
3. advertising to (or soliciting of) Users to buy or sell any product or services through direct communication provided by the Services without their prior consent; this includes sending spam, junk messages or chain letters to other Users any connection
4. interfering with any part of the Services, exploiting possible bugs or security holes;
5. mislead Users by imitating any part of the Services for collecting personal data or other unlawful purpose;
6. using an identity (account, username, password) of another User or disclosing your own username or password to any third party or permitting any thirt party to access your account;
7. transferring your profile (includes selling) to any third party;
If you find any page that contains objectionable content please report this immediately to the TOP SPAM Police or the TOP Administration project.
Use of Services is free of charge.
Each of the projects/organizations can choose individual license for content ("Site License") that is compatible withe Creative Commons licenses. By posting Content to any of the projects/organizations you agree to follow this Site License and make the Content your author available under this license. If your content does not follow the Site License it must be clearly stated.
You are not allowed to post, modify, distribute or reproduce any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary information that belongs to others without having permission or appropriate license or its license is incompatible with the Site License.
TaOPis may terminate any User account and remove any unauthorized material from any project/organization. We also reserve the right to remove any project/organization that repeatedly contains illegal materials.
If you believe your copyrighted work is has been posted on any of the projects/organizations without your permission and against the license under which it is distributed - please contact us at the TOP Administration forum.
Termination and blocking
TaOPis reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Services and to block or prevent your access to and use of the Service.
We also reserve the right to block any IP address from accessing or modyfying any or all parts of the Service.
We reserve the right to delete any project/organization that has been created for testing purposes only without any significant content, recent activity and with clear signs of being abandoned.
TaOPis is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on ony of the projects/organizations or through any other part of the Services. TaOPis is not responsible for links to other websites that may be contained in projects/organizations nor content of linked websites.
TaOPis takes no responsibility of advertisements posted by third parties through the Service nor any items or services offered by the advertiser.
The Services are provided "AS IS". You are using TaOPis Services at your own risk. Although we work hard to keep the Services online and working, we take no responsibility for possible errors, damages, lost Content, malfunction
Except in those jurisdictions which do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, TaOPis expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind and shall not be liable for any damages or losses whether directly or indirectly related to your use of this site or its content.
This limitation of liability shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify TaOPis, its owners, as well as the Faculty of Organization and Informatics, employees, and users from any liability relating to your use of the Services.
You agree that any legal dispute involving TaOPIs Services shall be governed by the laws of Croatia and be subject to the jurisdiction of courts in Varaždin, Croatia.
TOP moderators on this project